Feature Article Interviews

 For my article, I decided to conduct 2 interviews: one with the tour guide on my trip, Jose Cerdero, and another with a friend who went on the mission trip with me, and who hikes and exercises in her free time. As Jose lives in Costa Rica, my communication with him was limited, since he did not want to pay for long-distance phone minutes. I did interview him by emailing him a few questions, which I will record down below with his responses:

1. What is La Paz's mission?

La Paz hopes to protect the natural environment and the natural life of Costa Rica so that people can learn, be entertained, and enjoy their experience at La Paz. We hope to maximize learning impacts on visitors through showing them the animals and inspiring them to take action to help protect them.

2. How does La Paz differ from other tourist locations in Costa Rica?

La Paz does not breed or pay for their animals, rather, all were donated from previous owners. The Big Cats actually came from a government organization that shut down due to lack of funding, the CRMAE.

3. What is your favorite part of La Paz?

I enjoy giving tours about the jungle cats during feeding. More information about them to guests help them by teaching about the dangers and how they are hunted. People are likely to support our cats after learning more.

4. Why does La Paz value education?

La Paz wants to teach people about the rainforest since it is a beautiful thing that needs protection. People come here to see the rainforest, but the rainforest is getting smaller and smaller, so we need their help to protect it. The animals inside need their help to keep living safely in the wild. Educating children especially helps the well-being of animals in the long run.

After these questions, I decided I wanted to ask Jose more about ecotourism and the impact La Paz has had on different areas of Costa Rica, however, I learned from a friend that he had unfortunately passed away from a heart attack. I decided that I could ask Riley the questions instead, as she is an aspiring ecotourist.

1- What was your favorite part of La Paz? 

I enjoyed how the trails were easy to navigate, and there were different trails based on difficulty. They also had different views of multiple waterfalls too. 

2- Why is ecotourism so important? 

By not leaving a carbon footprint, we are able to help the environment around us. It benefits the animals and plants by having sustainable activities available/ 

3- Why is education important for the environment? 

When people can learn about the animals, they want to help, people might be able to donate or be more aware. It can inspire them to help their own environments by cleaning up and not littering. 

4- How is La Paz successful in educating? 

La Paz shows information with their exhibits as well as the tour guides at each station. Their rehabilitated animals and conservation efforts speak volumes to what their mission is, with their great efforts. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Magazine Cover Review