Feature Article Planning
For my magazine, since I am writing about a place I have already visited, I am further ahead than the rest of my classmates. I have a photo album with 200 pictures I will go through to pull and import into InDesign for my magazine. I previously posted my cover photo in the last blog post I made, but I have other photos of the animals and plants at La Paz. I also downloaded InDesign for my personal laptop.
I believe I will interview my friend who attended the trip with me for the interview. She is an avid hiker, and she has lots of access to materials such as a personal travel blog she keeps. She also is a strong advocate for ecotourism because he loves being in nature. I also have the contact for the man who arranged the trip for us, so I could talk to him about it as well.
However, I decided to include an interview piece, but I believe it will be shorter. I plan on discussing the waterfall trails, the cloud garden, several animal exhibits like the sloths, jaguars, butterflies, toucans, ecolodges and rooms available, as well as the location and scenery. I made an outline of how I would like it to go:
1. Introduction to La Paz and where it is, what they do
2. Features of La Paz- trails, waterfalls, cloud garden
3. Ecological education- butterfly garden, jaguar feeding sessions/tours of the animal habitats
4. Small interview with Jose on ecological aspects of La Paz and why ecotourism is so important
5. overview and conclusion of La Paz and what is has to offer
I also decided to add a piece from an interview with how a visitor feels about La Paz, as it will be valuable to proving to my audience this is somewhere they want to visit.
Comments
Post a Comment