Typography and Font Choice

Today I chose my fonts for my portfolio. I uploaded Franklin gothic heavy at first, but then I decided it was too thick. For my content page, I want to use green font so I can stay on theme with my topic of being eco-friendly, I think it is a nice touch. I then switched my content page font to Franklin gothic heavy, to which I then thought was too thin so I looked through my options again. I decided to go with Minion Pro content so I could have it be semi-bolded. All the feature article text for the content and article was made minion so that they can be consistent through the portfolio. I am very happy with these changes as I feel it adds to my visual appeal in both headings, but also in the smaller article text. It is visible enough to read. For my photo captions, I added a small triangle icon that points to the photo I am referencing, and I italicized the caption too. I think this offset my photos and makes it so It is easy to distinguish the subject of each photo, drawing the reader’s attention to it. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Magazine Cover Review