Post-Production: Exporting + Updated Article Pages

 I decided I wanted to try and export my final portfolio as a side-by-side document, instead of individual pages. This would make my magazine look more cohesive, as it would be similar to if you were opening the magazine and viewing the contents yourself. I decided to do this for all four pages, although the cover page and the content page would not normally be neighboring each other, but this would allow my consistent theming to be viewed on both pages simultaneously. I went into In Design and took my files and tried to make two spreads by applying the "A Master" feature. However, I accidentally applied to all pages so when I copied the page into the "A Master" spread, it duplicated and showed on every single page. I then attempted to insert a new page before the others, so that it could be put into spread automatically. I had to edit the cover page as I copied it to the new spread, but I maintained the same placing and elements that highlighted the green forest background and had the information to grab the reader's attention. As I exported for the first time, I noticed that I had not fixed my text to look like this was 2 confluent pages. Many magazines have their columns running near to the binding, and there was a lot of awkward space between both of my text boxes. I dragged both textboxes over, added a few details about sloths so there would be room, and moved the ocelot photo over to the left as well. I dragged page 23's text box left, enlarged the toucan photo, and then there was a smaller space. I left this so it was easy to distinguish both pages from each other for the reader. Overall, I am very proud of my product and the work I put into it.

Below is the draft of my portfolio that I changed before the final product. You can see the large space due to the documents being created separately, making it look too divided. I have made changes so the final product looks more confluent.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peer Review

Magazine Cover Review